How to Use Cannacals™ Targets and Sheets
Cannacals™ Targets and Sheets are edible designs made from starches, sugar and food colors. Targets meld to the surface by absorbing moisture from the food item, cut easily after application and are freeze-thaw stable.
- Open foil pouch and remove a sheet (reseal the pouch immediately).
- With clean, dry hands, peel the image from the backing sheet.
- Bottom of Product: Place Cannacals™ target or sheet on the bottom of a parchment covered pan or on a well greased pan, image down, pour batter over the image and bake.
- Top of Product: Place Cannacals™ target or sheet on the top of batter and bake.
TIP: Remove the baked item from the pan while it is still hot. If you wait for the product to cool, the moisture will cause the Cannacals™ to fall off. Once cooled, the Cannacals™ cannot be removed unless scraped off.
- Place on the bottom of a greased mold, face down.
- Place food item mixture into mold and press as normal.
- Turn out the product and let dry. The image will come out facing up and on the top of the product.
Already Baked Product: Moisten product slightly and apply Cannacals™ directly to product.
Icing: Apply directly to iced product, while icing is moist.
Humid or moist conditions can cause the image to stick to the backing. If this happens, try the following:
- Roll the sheet (image side up) over the table edge to loosen.
- Pop the sheet in the freezer for 15 to 30 seconds (some images may require more or less time) then try rolling the sheet on table edge again.
Images brittle and cracking? This can happen if the storage bag is not resealed properly or if conditions are arid. If this happens, try the following:
- Place a humidifier in the area where you are storing the images.
- Place the bag in your proof box, open the bag to capture steam and reclose it.
- Open the bag near hot running water, allow steam only to enter bag and then reclose the bag.
- Place Cannacals™ in an airtight plastic container with a warm damp cloth, ensuring cloth does not touch image.
Be sure to reseal the pouch after opening to keep product fresh. Store your finished product as normally required for food safe handling. Cannacals™ will not affect the shelf life of your finished product and are freezer, refrigerator and shelf-stable. Store Cannacals™ in their original metalized resealable bag in a cool dark place, and make sure the bag is completely sealed when you are done. If you are located in arid or humid temperatures, properly storing images is important for optimum application.